These days, you can get dog food in a dizzying array of shapes, sizes, textures, and tastes. As freeze-dried dog food has gained in popularity, many pet owners have begun to wonder whether or not it is safe for their furry companions. In this article, we’ll discuss freeze-dried dog food, kibble food, and reasons why feeding your dog freeze-dried food is better than feeding kibble.
What is Freeze-Dried Dog Food?
Freeze-dried dog food is a shelf-stable, safe, and lightweight kind of dog food. It is prepared through freeze-drying. The nutrients in freeze-dried dog food are preserved since the food is technically uncooked.
What is Kibble Dog Food?
Kibble dog food is made up of pellets made from mashed foods. Kibble, the most common form of dog food, is made out of meat, grains, vegetables, and other materials.
Why is Freeze-Dried Dog Food So Well-Liked?
Let’s start with the reasons why freeze-dried dog food is so well-liked. High-quality proteins like chicken, turkey, or salmon are often included in freeze-dried dog food diets and are widely acknowledged as providing superior nutrition by pet owners and nutritionists alike. Just about every cell and organ in a dog’s body relies on protein for proper development and maintenance. Protein in the diet provides the building blocks (amino acids) for tissues, including cartilage, hair, tendons, skin, ligaments, and muscle. And because a dog’s sense of smell and taste are highly attuned to the meat’s aroma and flavor, a protein-rich meal is always going to be their first choice.
Reasons Why Feeding Your Dog Freeze-Dried Food Is Better Than Feeding Kibble.
The benefits of freeze-dried dog food over traditional kibble are listed below.
- Longer shelf-life. Unlike ordinary kibble, you can stock up on freeze-dried dog food without fretting about it going bad. Since freeze-drying eliminates all moisture from the food, it is not conducive to the formation of germs or other potentially hazardous microbes.
- Nutritional value. High-quality, fresh ingredients are used to prepare freeze-dried dog food that is balanced and complete. Freeze-dried dog food, in contrast to traditional kibble, includes just the necessary nutrients your dog needs to flourish, with no fillers or additives. This makes it a healthier and more nutritious option for your furry friend.
- Freeze-dried dog food is incredibly convenient to store and serve. It is packaged in a small, lightweight container that can be easily tucked away in a cupboard. To prepare, just add water and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
- In comparison to ordinary kibble, freeze-dried dog food is softer on your dog’s stomach since it’s packed with healthy, nutrient-rich ingredients. As a result, your dog will be better able to take advantage of the food’s nutritional value.
- Dogs often prefer freeze-dried dog food. This is because your dog will find the food more appetizing since the freeze-drying process preserves the original smells and scents of the ingredients.
- Freeze-dried dog food is an excellent alternative if your dog has food allergies or sensitivity to certain components. Freeze-dried dog food comes in a wide variety of brands, and many of them have limited-ingredient formulations that don’t include allergies like wheat, dairy, and soy.
- Freeze-dried dog food comes in different varieties; hence, you can quickly rotate your dog’s diet and offer them a wide variety of nutrients and delicious tastes. This can prevent your furry friends from becoming bored while also encouraging them to eat healthily.
Perfect Meals for Your Furry Companions at Paws Food Express in Houston, Texas.
Paws Food Express understands how vital it is to provide the greatest feeding alternatives for your pet. Our skilled team has designed a variety of healthful, delicious meals that will satisfy even the pickiest diners. Our meals are designed to give your feline buddy the energy they need to flourish with grain-free alternatives and fresh, whole ingredients. Call us now to learn more about our dog food selections, and allow us to assist you in providing your dog with the tasty, nutritious meals they deserve.